Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years

I'm going to keep this short and simple. I've been so busy and worn out with the Holiday's that I've made zero effort to post anything or update my pictures, let alone get them from the camera to the computer. Soon my dears..soon.
I'm going to spend the weekend with my BFF Allison, we're going to my mom's in Tyler, and then to Canton Trades Days. Whooohhooo! Hopefully it won't be too cold, so we can shop our bums off. I can't wait, it's been a while since I've been...and I'm always up for a little bargain shopping. She's never been, and since we're both very crafty people, it's right up our ally. If you ever get the chance to go, DO IT! And bring along lots of dough...if you're like me.
Speaking of Allison, she's the best...she got me the cutest sewing basket for a late Christmas present. Will have to add a pic later...I love love love it. I mean I truly heart it. It's going to be just what I need to get my move on with my sewing set up. Check out her blog at http://findinginspirationinfood.blogspot.com/
Sooo...
The night before last our fire place magically restarted itself, and filled our whole house with smoke. (What the crap, why didn't the smoke go up the chimney?) GRR! My whole house smells like smoke, and I'm taking tips and tricks to get that cleared out. Leave me your suggestions please. I'm desperate. If you know me I'm a spaz about any type of smell. I probably dedicate way too much of my time and money towards "making my world smell great" as I like to say. So ten bottles of febreeze later, we still can smell it a little, which is a lot to me.
I think I may be having to give up on my hope for a new dog. It's probably not the right time, certainly not financially. I'm going to be patient and see what happens...but I'm hoping that I can distract myself with some other things for now.
Now onto the New Years, which is what I intended this post to be about.
I received this email from someone today, and it really made me think a lot about the things I've been kicking around in my head for the New Year.
I am your constant companion.I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden.I will push you up to success or down to disappointment.I am at your command.Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me,For I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably.I am easily managed, just be firm with me.Those who are great, I have made great.Those who are failures, I have made failures.I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a machine and the intelligence of a person.You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin.Show me how you want it done. Educate me. Train me.Lead me. Reward me.And I will then...do it automatically.I am your servant.Who am I?I am a habit.
The author of the above is unknown
I'm always very negative about the whole "resolution" idea...probably because I'm the worst at committing to something. But I really have a goal this year, and I have some I'd like my loved ones to make as well, I guess I'm just thinking if I can do it, they can do it, we can maybe feed off of each other.
So this year I'm resulting to make myself more healthy. I intend to exercise (some), eat a little better, and try to drop (a couple of) pounds. Baby steps right?! I also want to take this year to try new things, focus on my hobbies, find a goal for my career or at least "five year plan" and take the steps to make that happen. And most importantly, I'm resulting to only allow the positive loving people with my best interest at heart into my bubble. I will no longer allow people who upset me to put me in the position to be upset.
I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year, and much luck with your resolutions.

3 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Laura, you have a lovely blog. I wanted to thank you for stopping by mine today.

Allie said...

I can't wait to leave town you don't know how excited I am to go to Canton! So glad you enjoy the gift!!

The Oxford Family said...

Ok, here goes…totally weird about the chimney?!?! If it’s any consolation my car still reeks of gravy which is causing me to lose my mind! You are probably right about the dog. While they are cuddly and cute, just remember they will drive you crazy…we both know this from personal experience. I love the New Year’s email thing…I will be stealing it from you for my own selfish pleasure! I think your resolutions are great resolutions to have! I fully support you in them!