Friday, January 23, 2009

Lazy Sunday Cookies

Sunday our friend Aurthur ran the half Houston Marathon, then he came to our house. He ran in his "goal" time. So I'm super proud of him. So knowing a few other people would be dropping by the house I knew I needed to have something sweet around for snacking on. So I made the Hubby's favorite things that his grandmother makes him on holiday's.
I used to call them Dino Poop when I was a kid.
Dino Poop
1 cup Karo (corn) syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 cups special k

Heat to a boil the corn syrup and sugar, add a the peanut butter then pour over the special K, mix well and drop onto wax paper to dry (aka harden up).

2 comments:

Allie said...

We all need a little more "poop" in our life! :)

So glad you were able to spend time with Aurthur, it's nice to put a face with the name now.

Chocolate Shavings said...

That sounds delicious!And makes me feel like I should start jogging more often!