Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cupcakes Oh la la!

Lately I'm in love with cupcakes. If I were to list ten jobs I'd love love love, owning my own cupcake shop would be like number 3. Sometimes I get ideas about the things I could do to the cupcakes to make them over the top. I must admit that I'm mostly lazy about them, I always use a box mix. Perhaps someday (in my old age) I will have the motivation to mix up my own batter from scratch. So this past weekend I decided that a raspberry chocolate cupcake sounds divine..and romantic. (sigh) So I sat out to mix up my devils food cake and bake 'em up!
Now where would I get this raspberry flavor? I know that jar of preserves in my fridge that I rarely find a use for...mix it with some vanilla icing (from a jar of coarse) and wallah!
Once my cupcakes cooled I simply used a melon baller to scoop out a small amount from the top, and filled it with a little bit of my magic mix. I let the icing set up for just a bit, and proceeded to top with chocolate icing. I failed to take an after pic...but you get the idea.
A great change for your ho hum cupcakes. And in a way a little sophisticated.

3 comments:

Allie said...

mmmm cupcakes!

Sara said...

You can never go wrong with cupcakes, these look delicious.

The Oxford Family said...

Love me some cupcakes...the boxed ones are the best...they have it perfected :)