Monday, February 2, 2009

Yorkie

I saw this being made on a Food Network show during the holiday's and was dying to try it. I actually made this a while back and I'm just now getting around to sharing. It's so easy I was in shock.

Yorkie Puddings - Desert Style
Preheat Oven 450*
Fill muffin tin with 2 tsp of vegie oil and place in oven to get nice and hot.
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
(I added Orange Zest and a pinch of sugar)
Mix it up.
Pull the muffin tin out and fill each cup with equal portions of the batter. This is my favorite part they start to fry and it looks like a tiny funnel cake.
Place back in the hot oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. These puppies get HUGE!
Take 'em out, and punch a hole in the top. Fill with marmalade, and whipping cream, drizzle with raspberry preserves, eat while warm if possible.
DIVINE! You can use any size muffin tin you wish, I used the jumbo size.

3 comments:

The Oxford Family said...

Sound pretty tasty! I may have to attempt this one!

Kathy said...

Oh YUM!! Wonder if I could fill it w/ choco pudding!?!?!

Sara said...

These look so delicious, I bet you could fill them with so many different things.